Monday, June 16, 2014

Cilantro Lime Tilapia!

Believe it or not, even though I've only been married a little over three months, I DO cook. A lot.
My mom didn't really cook when I was a kid. It's not really her fault though. My Grama won't let anyone in the kitchen because we "get in the way", so pretty much none of us grew up learning to cook.

Anyway, so when I got married I was pretty terrified that I was going to have to cook things, especially since my mother-in-law is a beast in the kitchen. I've felt my way around, had some friends help me out, made a ton of mistakes, and now I'm starting to get the hang of things.

So, I'm sharing one of my recipes that my husband adores just for ya'll. :)

Obviously this can be changed up a bit, but here are the ingredients I used:

  • 2 tilapia filets
  • 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 4 tablespoons of cilantro
  • 3 tablespoons of parsley 
  • 2 tablespoons of lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons of butter (salted, unsalted, whatever you prefer)
  • cooking spray (optional)
  • salt and pepper for taste (optional)
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Melt the butter on low in a small sauce pan. When completely melted, add cilantro, parsley, and garlic and let simmer for about 1 minute. Then add lime juice and turn your burner off. 
  3. Place tilapia filets in a sprayed baking dish and pour the melted butter mixture on top.
  4. Put dish in the oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked. 

Tah-dah! 
It's super yummy. I made green beans and mashed russet taters to go with it. My husband was a happy man. :)

3 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds great!! Good job, feeding my son :-) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your first recipe post! I'm loving the fish recipe. Great job, sweetie! The blog is adorable! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete