Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spaghetti Squash!

So I haven't posted in a few days...sorry about that. Life get's ya all busy, ya know?!

Alright well while I've been so busy, I've been cooking like crazy, so..
you guessed it -
I'm gonna show you a new recipe!

First of all, this one is an 8/10 on my husbands rating scale. He LOVED it. And so did I!


Here are your ingredients:

  • 1 small spaghetti squash
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons parsley
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I use low fat) :)
First, preheat your oven to 375. Then, stick one of these bad boys in there for an hour to soften up. Pock some holes all around it so that it doesn't explode. Also, I put it in a glass baking dish because my oven is super sensitive. I suggest doing this anyway, just in case.
After it's cooled, cut it in half and scrape out the seeds. Rake out all those beautiful insides after that. It should still be somewhat crunchy. Not too hard, but not mushy.

After you've raked out your innards, put them in a large skillet with your butter, garlic, and parsley. Mix it around in the skillet until it's well mixed and cooks together. 

Sprinkle your parmesan cheese on top (I did this while it was still in the skillet) and serve it up!

Happy squashing! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment